Reasons Your Lawn Mower Won’t Start
It can be very frustrating when your lawn mower won't start. There are several reasons your mower might not start. If you need maintenance or repairs on any lawn equipment, give us a call at 804-250-6000.
1. Out of Gas- This might sound really crazy, but this happens a lot! Make sure to check your gas level in your lawn mower before starting.
2. Bad Gas- How long ago did you fill up your gas, and how old was it? Gas only has a shelf life of about 30 days because of the ethanol. If your gas is old, the ethanol may have caused corrosion and clogged your carburetor.
3. Clogged Fuel Filter- The fuel filter filters out all of the sediment from the gasoline. This filter gets clogged up from normal sediment, or from bad gas. The lack of proper fuel flow to the carburetor will stop your mower from starting. If this is the case, the fuel filter will need to be replaced. Give us a call at 804-250-6000, and we can help.
4. Disconnected or Dirty Spark plug- Your spark plug could be disconnected, dirty, or damaged. We replace them as part of our tune up. Give us a call at 804-250-6000, and we can help.
5. Dirty Air Filter- The carburetor needs air to make the engine run. If the air filter is dirty, it may not let air to the carburetor. Also, if the air filter is torn, debris could have flown into the carburetor or engine and is preventing your mower from starting.
6. Dead Battery- Batteries last a long time, but there isn’t always a warning sign that it is going dead. We can check your battery with a voltmeter to see if it’s lacking juice.
7. Bad Starter Solenoid- If you turn the key in your ignition, and hear a clicking sound, it is probably your starter solenoid. If you notice this clicking, your best bet is to install a new starter solenoid. Give us a call at 804-250-6000, and we can help.
Always remember to keep up with routine care and maintenance to keep your lawn mower in top condition and to prevent some of these problems from occurring. Bring your lawn mower to PowerFixers for all your repair and maintenance needs! Give us a call at 804-250-6000, and we can help. Fore more about our services, click here.